Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Oh Spelling, How I DON'T Love You :)

Dear sweet 1st grader, whom I have the pleasure of teaching this year, 

Spelling is not a favorite subject.  There are to many rules and sounds and challenges with spelling.  But alas, dear girl you are learning the tricks of this subject.  
Mimi, who was recently out here teaching you school, taught you to take a picture in your mind of the word and then look up in the air to the left to "see" the word in your mind.  
Yay! It is is slowly coming along and the words are forming in your mind. 
If I am honest, spelling is awful for me as well.  I love English, but hearing phonically and then knowing all the rules baffles me.  
So lets keep working together and we shall spell together with confidence (or with spell check and the dictionary :)











1 comment:

the carlson's said...

ANY resources would be helpful. How many words do you learn a week? How do you teach them so that its not just writing them over and over...do you have any creative ideas? Thank you SO much!