Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Giblet

Katie has taken to planning meals and then helping me make them (baked chicken tonight) and this was our conversation...
Katie-Mom, the chicken's name was Gilbert
Me-Katie, the chicken's don't come with names, we don't name our food.
Katie-Yes, it does...its name is Gilbert.
Me-Katie, we don't name our food, ok?!
Katie-Look right here, mom, it says on the package, Gilbert, and he is missing some of his parts. 
:D. Oh, Katie, its giblet! and even though I'm laughing on the insides, I'm smiling and saying on the outside...oh I understand now, I see what you mean..  :D
I love this story sweet girl...I will forever remember it, love your help in the kitchen (most days :) as you fly around from spot to spot, trying to do it all. You are really growing up!!

No comments: