Friday, November 6, 2015

"I'm so disappointed"

Owen has been asking how he gets to sleep in our room.  We've told the kids that they may, at any time, when they have a bad dream or are scared, bring their blanket and pillow and sleep on the floor. I remember doing this in my parents room and it was always comforting. Or for me my sister would crawl into bed with me and we'd sleep together, right Pie

Last week around 3 am, I wake up to little feet walking down the hall and then hear Owen's sniffle sniffle.  I got out of bed quickly and asked, what's wrong, buddy?  He said in a loud sad whisper, "I'm never going to have a dream bad enough to get to sleep on your floor!"

I smiled on the inside and said he is always welcomed to bring his stuff and sleep on our floor.  But his little mind knew what I had said and was so sad he doesn't have bad dreams.  I did tell him I was so thankful he doesn't have any night terrors and that I was super glad he got to sleep with Clifford back in his comfy bed.

-update...two days later I had a snuggle bunny in bed with us  :) he said he had had a bad dream.  And then the next day he was in a snuggle pocket by our bed on the floor when I woke up.  :)

1 comment:

Dustin, Jessa, Paxton said...

That is totally right!!!! I would very frequently run from my room to yours thru our little jack and jill hallway and jump into bed with your sister!!!! Thanks :) Love you!!!!