Saturday, September 15, 2007

Run Gabi and Sean, Run!!!

Well, Katie got her first taste of a Cross Country meet this past Thursday when we went to cheer on my old runners from when I coached at FA. They did a FANTASTIC job! Gabi and Sean who are both in 8th grade are great runners and challenged everybody! (Anne-Marie wasn't able to come to this race...) Gabi outran all the girls and captured 1st place, go Gabi go...and Sean finished a few behind 1st for the boys...I think he got 4th, super job! Sean got some encouragement from Justin as he ran which I think made him run faster! :) I forgot to get their times, but know that right now they both can put me in the dust. I think that Justin is going to run in the Autism run in downtown Raleigh with them in Oct. and I will make sure I post that too! Last year in the Autism run all three of them placed and won money!

I love this group of kids and am so excited to see they have enough runners for a girls team and a boys team. Last year we only had a three dedicated runners now they have 14! Also For those of you that don't know what that means to have a "team", a team is a group of at least 5 girls and then at least 5 guys. Runners can also run as individuals too. So in CC runners place as a team and as individuals.

And Mrs. Moss is doing a wonderful job taking over for me. She loves the sport and the kids as much as I do! GO CC!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: