Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Finding out what our second blessing would be.

Justin and I, to make things more special to us, have found out what we are having (boy or girl) on dates-a few days after our sonograms. With Katie we went to one of our now favorite date spots, Vivace's! It is an Italian spot in North Raleigh, with delicious food and a great atmosphere. We even found out that Vivace means, "Life" in Italian...it was very fitting!

With this little one, we went to a French Bistro in North Hills call Croquet's. It was delicious as well! Yum! We had super baby sitters for Katie (thanks Melissa and Anna) and a great evening out. The restaurant (which we would recommend) is designed to be very open-so huge doors were opened allowing the breeze to blow in, it is decorated all black, white and red and has very attentive service. We split everything so we could try a lot of things. We had the meat/spreads/cheese/bread tray, a french onion soup, fried trout and a lemon tart. All the foods were fantastic! We opened our card during dessert and found out we are having a little BOY! And then just like Katie we walked over to JCPenny's and bought a cute little newborn outfit. We went for the brown and blue strips...I can't believe how small it is!

We are excited for this new little arrival due mid October. YEAH! We are praying for good health and a safe delivery. I am thankful to be feeling unsick now (after 12 weeks of morning sickness) and on the mend to get a few things done. We can't wait to meet and hold our little guy and Katie can't wait to "help" out. Praise the Lord for this second miracle!

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jae Davis said...

What an awesome way two to celebrate finding out the gender of your little miracles together! If the food tasted as good as it looks, YUM!

Jae Davis said...

P.S. LOVE the new fleur de lis blog theme/background. Makes me feel at home. :)

Jessica said...

how creative. Maybe Rusty and i should do something like that this time. Plus, what a good excuse to go out on a date.

Metlife said...

Whoo hoo Gi! I am so excited to hear that you are doing well and that the little BOY is doing well. I started tearing up when I read about it!! I'm a weirdo. Anyways so excited for you!

Unknown said...

Hey Gi - I made myself read each line without letting my eyes wander down the page to see if you said "boy" or "girl". How excited I was to happen upon "BOY!" YEAH!! I'm so excited for you. He is sure to be absolutely adorable. I can't wait to meet him. Congratulations to you both. XOXO!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Okay, sorry for the deleted comments. I got impatient and hit the "publish your comment" button a bunch before I realized it kept posting my comment each time! :)