Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things that are worth it...

Currently,

1. Training Katie that blanket time which is now room time is good and necessary.

2. A good cup of coffee, 1/2 decaf, 1/2 caff.

3. Menu planning. I SO need to get back into this, but it makes meal time non stressful. I just ordered Living Cookbook and I think this will help!

4. Playing outside with the water hose.

5. Craigs list, especially to sell things.

6. Online shopping-I don't mind doing a few errands with Katie and like yesterday she was terrific as I did my "to do" list, but if I can avoid getting her in and out of the car by using Amazon or other sites....it is worth it!

7. Doing one chore a day. For me that is the only way to keep up!

8. Dates with Katie every month and dates with Justin every other week (hopefully every week at some point in our life :)

9. Other moms to talk with on a daily bases. This keeps me focused on what is most important because it is breath of fresh air with adult conversations. It gives me energy to stay at what the Lord has called me to.

10. Listening to Katie share about her day! She TALKS all day long!

11. Playing with Katie and having tea parties, singing Ring Around the Rosie, or dancing to the Symphony.

12. Having my quiet time each day. I don't want to live on crumbs from Sundays or other peoples relationship with Jesus. I need this daily!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Awesome list, Gi. Thanks for the encouragement!