Saturday, November 3, 2012

A first

It's official!  Katie can now ride her bike.  I write that with a bit of sadness but also joy that God is growing her up! We went to the park on a gorgous Saturday and within 30 seconds she was peddling on her own.  
I loved that she said, "I am a Daddy's girl, since Daddy and I both learned to ride a bike on the first try!" 
And Owen was a super encouragement to her.  Cheering her on to ride and peddle.  I think this guy might have the gift of encouragement! :)
Owen also had his own practice on his balance bike and enjoyed every minute.
It truly was a family moment.  One that I want to remember and tuck back into my mind that the time flies so quickly.  And I also want to pray that we can share their joy as they learn new and exciting things! We want to be their biggest cheerleaders-allowing them to be safe to make mistakes with us, and yet cheering them on until they succeed. 
May you two always have learners hearts and a desire to try and learn new things!
Way to go Katie Grace!





No comments: