Thursday, November 27, 2014

Playing "A Toy Store"

Dear Katie and Owen,
You asked me to play "toy store" with you today.  I so wanted to, but I had so many things to do... I thought about it, thinking for a few minutes. Enough I thought, I'm going to live by what we believe. And doing my never ending list is not at the top of that list. I stopped doing the dishes and put away the breakfast items and join in with your imaginary adventure.  I am so glad I did!  I got to play with you, my five and seven year olds.  I got to pretend to be a Gramma with a funny voice and to watch you both crack up and beg me to continue my Gramma voice all day. I spent $8 and got things for my "grandkids".  I saw how you priced each item, some for $.25, 19$9 and some for $200 which was a hand carved and hand painted marble run by you O.  You told me all about the travel packs you put together and I learned a bit more about you both-you are both so creative and love to pretend.  We had so much fun! I'm glad I remembered that you all won't always want to play and I stopped my never ending list of things to do to simply play!  Thank you Katie and Owen for playing with me!  
Love you both!!
Katie, you shopped after me with your baby, Lily ,and she did a really good job in the Ergo, that you said you will never grow to big to use!

Owen, you did a great job of ringing up my purchases!  You had very kind customer service as you carried my bags to my car.  
:) Love, Momma

1 comment:

the carlson's said...

Thank you for writing this! I need to do this more often...stop what I am doing and just play. I feel like I'm over loaded with groceries, bills, laundry, cleaning...but I'm only home 2 days a week...I should try harder to put aside my "work" and enjoy my kiddos! Thank you for posting this...such a good reminder!