Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Vision, it is worth the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Everybody,
Justin got an IPOD for Christmas and I love it!! :) He has downloaded many great sermons for he and me to listen to throughout the days and it has been so encouraging.


I wanted to share one from Andy Stanley's Church in Atlanta called, "Discovering God's will, Part 4: Unfolding the Map"-February 19th, 08. He pastors North Point Community Church.
It is definately a worth while message to listen to. He speaks about having a long term vision for our children, marriages, households, jobs, finances, etc. Pretty much he encouraged me to write out a vision for these areas for 1, 3, 5, 5 10 years down the road. Then when faced with decisions about wether or not to go places, try new things, get involved with ministry opportunites etc, I can look at my vision and see if this opportunity lines up with what I want our family to be about. If our vision is planned out and is in line with what we think the Lord is calling us to for the long term, then our visions can be a wonderful place to check when faced with lifes many issues. I hope I have written this clearly! Obviously Pastor Andy does it much better!!
Check it out if you have time. Even if you don't have an IPOD, try to order it and then share with friends if you want! I really have enjoyed it. :)

No comments: