Sunday, March 1, 2009

LifeCare Pregnancy Banquet...stopping the spead of abortion...one person at at time



Justin and I had the privilege of attending the LifeCare Pregnancy Banquet this past Thursday. The food was good, the fellowship great and the speaker tremendous! A few facts that I can remember that caught my attention...

All these break my heart...

Since 1973 there have been somewhere around 50,000,000 abortions.

Most abortionists work, 4 days a week, 4 hours per day, making about $60,000 each week. Money is the need, desire and sole motivation.

The average abortion costs $500 for first trimester, $1000 second trimester,
and about $5000 for a third trimester.

There are over 10,000 abortions each year in wake county, NC alone.

Most abortion clinic are located in the inner city...catering to the poor and needy.

Most research now concludes there is a high association between breast cancer and those that have had an abortion.

But...Pregnancy care centers receive no federal funding and yet are growing!!

At LifeCare here in Raleigh, they serviced 904 new clients in their two centers,
Saved 328 babies, 7,434 viewed abstinence presentations in schools and churches, and 28 decisions were made to received Jesus Christ as their Savior!!!

Our speaker-Dr. Noreen Johnson (OBGYN, practices in college station TX, born in Trinidad, West Indies)-was once performing abortions, but GOD got a hold of her life and as a gifted speaker and doctor, now travels around speaking the truth from statics and personal experience...if you ever have the chance to hear her, take the opportunity!

Here below is a poem by Hannah Lamb a High Schooler here in Raleigh

Give Me a Chance


Just give me a chance,
Just give me a try,
You haven't even seen me
You haven't heard me cry

You may say I'm not a human,
But you gave me life that night.
I'm a defenseless little being,
And I can't put up a fight.

To you I'm like a weight,
And I've ruined all your plans,
I'd fix it if I could,
We both know that no one can.

Your fun came with a price,
And I'm the debt that you should pay.
You'll remember me forever,
I can't just be thrown away.

The experts say I'm not a human,
The papers say that I'm not real,
But you were once in this same spot,
How would this stuff make you feel?

You are responsible for two now,
You will decide what my fate will be,
Just remember it's not my fault I'm here,
This is my final plea...

Just give me a chance,
Just give me a try,
You haven't even seen me,
You haven't heard me cry.

1 comment:

Jae Davis said...

You know how near and dear this topic is to my heart. I do not regret one day having NEVER considered abortion an option with Travis and my premarital pregnancy with Madalynn. God has grace and it is so evident in Madalynn. I look at her and think, "Lord, how can such a wonderful blessing result from such an ugly sin?" 'Cause he's God and God can take even the ugliest situations and make them pure, beautiful miracles! Not only does he shower compassion on unborn children of mother's of unplanned pregnancies, He gives provision (through Him)to the moms and dads of the unborn babies if they will willingly receive it. Praise Jesus for all his children, planned AND unplanned.