Friday, July 3, 2009

Nutrition Moment

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have posted about how our family food choices have changed over the past two years. But here's one now!

I was making a fruit pizza (YUMMMMMM, I can't wait!!) tonight in preparation for our 4th of July celebration and was using Rapadura. I then thought I would write something small about it. :)

We use Rapadura in place of white/brown sugar. It is unrefined, unprocessed cane sugar which because it is simply processed, is left with a lot of nutrients unlike white or brown sugar. (white/brown sugar is also cane sugar just refined, bleached, processed, etc) Rapadura is dark in color and has a slight molasses flavor, but if I wouldn't of told you, you probably wouldn't even have noticed. It is a great substitute for regular sugar-a one to one ratio and easily adds benefits to sweets. We also use honey or maple syrup to bake with, but that is a bit trickier, ratio wise then Rapadura. So I keep some Rapadura on hand for occasions like this!

If you are interested in switching or learning more check out this blog. It is a pretty short article and she explains it a bit more with helpful info!

Click Here

Happy 4th!!

No comments: