Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finally I did it! Two projects down.

SO.....these two projects have been on my list for awhile.
The first one is a nursing cover. I should have done this while Katie was nursing, but didn't think about something like this. And now I have one for this little one! I followed a post from another blog and I have to say I am pleased how it turned out!

Second, this chair...I bought this from an OLD auction house. By OLD I mean if you drive by on a Friday night you would wonder how the red wooden house did not crumble with the two hundred local, country people that were inside. But as I was driving by one week I noticed this green chair outside and thought, hummm...I like that....maybe I can talk Justin into going with me to the auction and bidding on it. Then on a Wednesday I was going home and noticed that a santa clause type man was moving things into the building. I did a u-turn and went back to ask if the chair would be on auction this Friday. He said that it had been and he couldn't sell it. But with a huge smile he said, "I just might be willing to make a deal if there was someone interested in it." I was so excited! I ended up buying this cute chair for only $15! Then on top of that, I loaded into the Highlander and Katie stayed asleep in her chair. :)

Rest of the story...I took this chair apart slowly and since Justin didn't have much time to help it sat around our garage for 11 months. Then I didn't have the heart to finish this as I was nauses and in the early stages of pregnancy, plus I couldn't find the right fabric that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Next...Justin this past month said, "either I finish it or he gets rid or it". He said this kindly so as to take something off my full plate. But I really wanted this chair, so with Melissa's (our college girl) offer to help I told him that if I didn't get it done in two weeks he could dispose of it all. And by this time it was all in pieces-could I finish it?

Two days later, off to errands I ran and I happened to find some cute girly fabric at Walmart of all places! I wanted to place it in Katie's room and below you can see the finished product. The final cost of my chair, 8 hours of labor and $30!! It took me two days and Justin helped me finish the screws and nails that I couldn't do and I am pleased with the turn out!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julia Haupt said...

ummmm...awesome

Metlife said...

I love them both! The chair is too cute :)

*Melissa Anne* said...

YESSSS...that is a good lookin chair right there.