Monday, September 21, 2009

I shouldn't have to say this...

SO...our NEW beautiful, nice refrigerator is broken! Four weeks and we have already had three Sears repair men out here to fix it!

I am going to ask for another one....uggggg!

In short-

Frig arrived, worked for one week, then started to make buzzing sounds. Repair man said, "Wow, your fan only has 3 out of the 5 blades! No wonder it is making noise." He then ordered the part which came in another week later.

While we waited for the new fan, Justin, rigged up with 9 pieces of string the old fan so the noise would not leave me deaf...yes, it was that loud!

New part was put in, but the repair man then had to add more insulation because the fan box was shaking a bit. "Didn't come with enough insulation," is what he told me.

Finally, our refrigerator is now making noises that are akin to a mouse scratching through our frig. I am sure it has to do with this fan part that was never installed correctly at the factory or the lack of insulation. He is supposed to come on Wednesday and fix it. We will see.

Again I am asking for a new refrigerator. Three fixes in four weeks? I think it is another lemon!

The Life of home ownership...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man, what an ordeal! Hopefully you'll get it all resolved before Baby Boy arrives. Hang in there!