Friday, August 13, 2010

Journaling-CraigsListing and garage saleing

 

We have sold most of our furniture and there have been so many stories about the folks we are meeting while on CL.

This specific photo was taken while we were waiting at a post office on a Sunday in downtown Raleigh before church to sell our "in good shape but not needed" VCR. We waited for Ms. Clair who pulls up in her car dressed in her Sunday white dress. She pays me the $7 and says she will email me if it doesn't work. :) She also proceeds to tell me about her other CL purchases that haven't gone well.

Then there is the lady who bought Katie's dresser and she lives in the house behind the Benson's property who Justin knows. Small world.

How about the foreign guys that tied the futon and frame on top of their small small car then drove down the highway going probaby 20 miles an hour so it wouldn't fly off.

Or the folks that bought our dining room table and drove 1.5 hours to get it, bringing with them a rented UHaul so they would have enough room. And they were at our house in 2 hours flat from my post to their pick up

There was the guy we met in Aldi's parking lot that wanted our electronic for parts.

Then there is the man that desperately needed an XL twin mattress and has emailed me to say, "thanks a zillion, I love the mattress".

Or there are those people that say they will be there and we set up everthing and they never show.

Oh yea, and the scammers...don't like them!

Finally there is the garage sale folks-they want rock bottom prices and for the most part I just wanted to get rid of it, so almost any price they said I responded with a yes! I had a lot of our stuff priced at $1.00 and $0.25 But when a lady asked how much my clean bath rugs were, I said $2.00 and then she countered at $.25 for each. I said I would meet her in the middle at $1.00. She walked away...she only wanted to pay $0.25. I was amazed. But then I sold them for the $2.00 an hour later. :)

I guess all this is to say that when selling on CL you get to meet a lot of people. I have thought lately how I might use it for the Gospel, but nothing really has come to me. So until then I plan on trying to make some money for a new rug and couch as well as give people a blessing with our stuff becuase so much was a blessing to us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: