Friday, August 6, 2010

Journaling-things that are worth it, my two favorite "T" 's

If I could I would go through the alphabet and list all my favorite things organized by the ABC's. But right now at this stage of life I don't have the time. So I think I just might post them when I think of them!
Right now these two places are dear to my heart. One because of the Gospel (most important) is preached there everyday and real broken people live it out with you in community. And in second place is because I love almost everything there I can buy-nutrition is high on my list. It is food that doesn't have many preservatives, high fructose corn syrup, chemicals, etc (-meaning they sell real food here) and the staff there is exceptional. They actually seem like they enjoy working at a grocery store!

1.

First "T"-Treasuring Christ Church. We will be members there shortly and can't wait to plug in into the community. We have enjoyed the preaching by Sean and it has challenged me (I am sure Justin too) many times throughout the week. It is an added bonus that we already have some super duper friends there too! TCC is located in downtown Raleigh and has been worth the drive even from here. And Sean has just started a new series over 2 Timothy. It is definitely worth the time to listen. Check it out, listen and be encouraged! *

Here is their vision.
TREASURING CHRIST CHURCH will seek to glorify God in Christ by...

1. ...leading people to treasure Jesus Christ by faith,

2. ...deepening the maturity and covenantal community of the church,

3. ...pursuing racial harmony,

4. ...ministering to the poor,

5. ...planting and reforming churches among all peoples.

(*special thanks to Anna for encouraging us to make the drive down to TCC from here!)



2.

Second "T" -Trader Joes! This also is worth the drive down to 440! It takes a while to get to know their products because most of their stuff is their own label, but whew....love it! Here are a few of my favorites- Dark chocolate, hummus, pot-stickers, pesto chicken, flowers, peanut butter, dried fruit, olive oil, blue corn chips, salsas, chicken sausages, hot-dogs, goat cheeses, raw cheeses, peanut butter pretzels, fresh produce, other things I can't remember since there is so much and finally their stickers for kids and kid shopping buggies. Katie loves these and that makes shopping better for this Momma!

There you have it, my two, current favorite, "T"'s!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Congrats on plugging into the local church!
Can't wait to get my hands on some TJ's once we come back for an american visit!

Anna said...

I just love that I get shout-outs in your blog. Miss you guys...love "blog stalking" you!