Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter

Our Easter was great!
But if I am being honest, holidays are hard for me...I really do want to do traditions and things that the kids will remember, but often I run out of time and simple tell myself, 'the kids will never know that I wanted to do something, but didn't get to it....it's okay-do it next year'.  And while this is fine I realize that the kids are growing up each day (Katie will be 5 next month!) and I must decide to start some traditions or at least plan a few things to continue making memories.  I love that a lot of memories just happen-ones that aren't planned...But I also want to be intentional about what our kids remember.
...Especially with Easter-I really want to make this special.  After all if Jesus didn't rise from the dead we as Christians would be without hope.  The fact that He is ALIVE is reason to celebrate!
Easter buckets...filled with treats and Easter clothes
Only one boot was in their bucket...the others were 'hidden'.
Excited and waiting for the hunt!

Garden Gloves!  
The much anticipated rain boots!
Isn't he the cutest??
Owen and Katie both told me that Owen was her best friend and Katie was his.  
Love. It.
on the hunt...
telling the Easter story with Resurrection Eggs.
It amazes me how much Katie can tell me of this story. And how much she has learned from hearing the Bible read to her each and every night.  :)  
The Beavers (our new neighborhood switching on and off each week for Mommy Time/Date night, fun, fantastic friends!) invited us over to a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt...Owen came prepared in case there was an emergency...
Hearing the Easter Story again!
Owen, waiting for an emergency.

Both our kids had full buckets by the end.  Really...there were hundreds of filled eggs!  What a treat to be invited to celebrate-thanks Beavers!!

And the house we were at had a Bounce House...Oh. My. Word. I think our kids bounced for almost an entire hour!  They LOVED it!


Hi Noah!  We have certainly ENJOYED getting to know this guy.  He is the oldest of the Beaver kids (new baby coming soon :) and as sweet as pie.  
Happy Easter...we celebrated-did you?


No comments: