Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fantastically Fun Family Fridays

We are trying a new tradition at our house--to have Fantastically Fun Family Fridays!
This is a CELEBRATION at the Hime home.  
How it goes...
Katie normally decorates and goes all out.  :)
We have a kid friendly yummy meal.
We play a game or go and get a treat like frozen yogurt.
We laugh a ton!
And we make memories.  I love looking over the kids at Justin giving him the eye because the kids are so funny. 
I don't know how long this tradition will last, but so far the kids and us have had a blast!
Below are photos from two Friday celebrations.

The first we celebrated Daddy as a hard worker and that we love him!  It was a surprise!
The second we simply ate hotdogs, french fries, fruit salad and scones for dessert.  
Then we played Uno-whew the kids are getting good!
It was fun to see the kids excited all day.  

For these Fantastically Fun Family Fridays I have been trying to actively plan with the kids in mind.  Our Fridays are a very limited running errand day.  They are about kid friendly activities.  It is about trying hard to listen to them and say yes to their ideas-because I have made space to let them explore and try things.  It is about clearing my schedule to simply play.  These days are going sooo quickly.  I want to be intentional to be just with them.  Not juggling five things and barely listening to their stories or imagination.  I want to slow down and enjoy my kids!

Katie, Owen and Justin, you are my very favorite people to be around!

on to the photos
This is Daddy's chair that Katie decorated for him.
Katie's note...
Love, Katie
A Mom, and Owen and Daddy.
Owen's place setting from Katie
For dessert Katie made an 'ice pie'.  She saw Curious George make one and just had to do it herself.
And they licked and licked and licked the ice pie.


Then she decorated again the next Friday and made each of us a sign that we found by playing 'hot and cold'. 
This sign is for Owen of a fish and popcycle made out of pine needles.  :)
Owen made some yummmy scones with me.  My favorite recipe with spelt, granulated honey and almond milk!
his bowl, my bowl


It has been soooo fun!

No comments: