Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Katie's New Do!

She did it!  She waited and grew her hair out for almost 2 years.  And finally the day came, it was time to cut and donate it to a charity that makes wigs especially for kids!  Katie was SO excited (if the smile doesn't give it way :)  And we were very proud of her generosity!  We've talked a lot with the kids of ways to be generous and it isn't only with money.  It is with our time, talents, treasures and relationships.  This is something that has been on Katie's heart for a while and we were so happy she followed through with it.  
So I made the appointment with Ashlee and it was cut and styled all within 30 minutes.
I have to be honest I was somewhat emotional.  My little big girl was cutting off all her locks!  But, I kept telling myself that this was about her.  Her desire to serve kids that need hair and to feel pretty again because of some disease.  It was a bittersweet moment knowing that she is growing up!  And within reason there are some choices, that with wise counsel she can make herself!  
She never once hesitated!
So I prayed about my attitude and her short cute hair has definitely grown on me. :) Plus she is learning how to take care of it herself since the tangles are almost none existent-yay!
We Love You Katie Grace and pray that the Lord continues to work in your heart to be generous with your whole life.


And a note to any readers that are thinking of cutting their hair for donation...it is a great idea to put your hair into 3 or 4 braids...that way you get a more even cut afterwards.  :)  





And everyday so far, Katie, has been amazed that her hair isn't staying short!  She says, "Wow, it is growing longer each time I brush it!".
Yes, Katie it will keep growing....what a blessing to have beautiful hair!

4 comments:

Metlife said...

Wow she does look so grown up! I really like it though. Way to go Katie!!

Dustin, Jessa, Paxton said...

Katie, you are a beautiful little girl with a beautiful heart! We are so proud of you:) Aunt Pie has also donated her hair to make wigs. I cannot believe how great you look!!!

Love you!
Aunt Pie

Unknown said...

Precious. Just precious! I love her sweet, genuine smile! She looks like such a sassy little thing!

Joy said...

ah! ok! I'm glad there was a post about this! It was so long! It looks lovely!