Thursday, March 7, 2013

OOOOOooooh, A Simple Pasta Night for Ya!

I have made this pasta two times and it is simple and wonderful!  It has great flavor and is fast to make.  I think uninterrupted (I put on a Busytown Cartoon :) I made this recipe in 20 minutes with some of the dishes washed too! It is from Pioneer Woman and it should make your menu sometime soon!  Check it out if you want to see her famous photos and recipe. The only thing I changed...instead of cream I used a Almond Milk and 1/2 & 1/2 mixture since that is what I had on hand.  I also added peas and we loved the addition.  The bonus about this recipe?...every ingredient can be found at Trader Joes, wahooo!

Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks

Prep Time:
 
 
Cook Time:
 
 
Difficulty:
 Easy
 
Servings:
4

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces, weight Pasta, Cooked Al Dente
  • Reserved Pasta Water, If Needed
  • 3 ounces, weight Chopped Pancetta
  • 3 whole Leeks, Sliced Thin
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
  • 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
  • 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
  • Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper, To Taste
  • Parmesan Cheese, Shaved

Preparation Instructions

Cook pasta and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
Saute chopped pancetta until fat is rendered and it starts to brown. Add sliced leeks and cook for 8 minutes. When you add the leeks, you can also throw in a pat or two of butter if you want to. This’ll give the dish some scrumptious flavor. I add it after the bacon is browned because I don’t want the butter to brown. After 8 to 10 minutes, pour in wine, then cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until reduced. Reduce heat to low, then pour in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Parmesan shavings. Toss in pasta, adding a little pasta water to thin as needed. Serve with Parmesan shavings over the top---delicious!

No comments: