Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Years Eve-just a bit late! :)

For New Year's Eve, we went to see some friends for a few hours. Justin, Katie and I didn't make it until midnight but from what I heard everyone else did! They played spoons and had a blast...I have to admit I was jealous, since I think I could have taken everyone in spoons! Did anybody else play this growing up?? :)

There also was a pinata which Justin finally broke open, after all the other kids tried, causing candy to spill everywhere and the kids to start diving for it too. Tracy did do a good job at moving the stick so the kids couldn't get it to often though!

Grandma Julie McKenzie (Tracy's mom from Virgil Kansas) was there too. It was so nice to see her and have Katie meet one of our adoptive extra grandma's. She is so sweet. :) She got Katie a book by Noel Pipper called, Remember Jesus Loves you. We are lucky to have known her in college! :)

I loved Beth's pants that night, Noah giving antlers and also Katie wearing her flashy earrings. (she was shirtless because we were changing her to her pjs!)
Overall we had a good time. We hit the bed about 10:30 and it was late enough for us!

1 comment:

Beth McKenzie said...

Thanks for including pics of the boys sporting their ear things! They got a kick out of it! And imagine seeing their Grandma on your blog...pretty cool, they thought.