Wednesday, October 26, 2011

watering the grass and leap frog

Sooooo potty training Owen this past few weeks has had its challenges. And one thing that I have avoided is letting Owen pee outside. We live in the neighborhood and I wanted him to learn that he goes in the potty first.

But when we were out at the pumpkin patch there was NO where for Owen to go and he was actually waiting to go-that was an improvement. Justin told me to walk into the woods and let him go...so I did and we went!

Later on that day as Justin was watering the grass seed he put down I noticed Owen desperately trying to pull down his pants. I ran over to help him and asked him what he was doing, could we go inside? No, no, he wanted to water the grass just like daddy.

Needless to say, we let him pee to help daddy water. :)

-------------------------------
Also while we were driving to the pumpkin patch we were enjoying the beautiful views. We came around a corner and saw something about the same time Katie did. Justin glanced quickly at me and our eyes met for a moment, eye brows up...

K-"What are those horses doing? How did that horse get up on that other horse?"

D-"ummmm, well...."

K-"Daddy, Mommy, why is that horse up there? He is stuck? How will he get down?"

M-"Katie, I think they are playing leap frog."

K-"Oh, I like to play leaf frog too, but it is hard to jump over. But that horse might not be able to get down. What is it going to do? How did it get up there?"

-The joys of driving in the country!

1 comment:

Dustin, Jessa, Paxton said...

Way to think on your feet!! Leap Frog? clever :)