Friday, December 2, 2011

Katie did it herself

 A few weeks ago when our family caught the 'tummy bug' (and it was miserable on and off for 3 weeks-I wouldn't wish it upon anyone) and before it hit  K's tummy she made dinner for Owen and I.  Justin was still traveling and she wanted to help me out.  I was holding unable to do dinner since our little 2 year old stood by the toilet throwing up a lot-:(   
She gathered all the ingredients for turkey rollups and proceeded to do everything! I was incredibly impressed that she could do it.  She put lettuce, mustard (because that is what she could reach in the refrigerator), and tomatoes sliced from her kids knife.  The only thing she said she forgot to add was the turkey slices.  :)  But it really was delicious and a huge help!  
 Then she made 'dessert'.  This was interesting to watch-honestly it turned my tummy a bit. :)  She gathered all the halloween chocolate candy. Unwrapped every piece and smashed it together with her hands.  Then to top it off she added some orange juice and pressed it into a mini bread pan.  It went into the refrigerator to 'blend' all the flavors together.  Thankfully it was forgotten about after the tummy stuff hit Katie's tummy so we can't tell you how it tasted.  But she sure was proud of her ability to help me out and cook!  

Thank you Katie Grace for being such a huge help and serving with a joyful heart! love you.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks yummo!!! So funny. My girls are impressed!

Dustin, Jessa, Paxton said...

That made me laugh OUT LOUD during school today!!! KT I love the dessert :)