Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh Boy, Crisp and Crunchy Almonds!




Crisp Almonds-my new favorite snack!

I don't know about you, but I love nuts. I have already loved almonds, but have recently found a new way to eat them and OH BOY...THEY ARE SO SO SO MUCH BETTER!

Try this.

1T Sea Salt
4 C. almonds (raw if possible)
Water

Put your almonds in a bowl, put the salt on top and fill the bowl until the nuts are covered with water. Place in a warm spot for 7 hours.

Drain off water with a strainer. Lay out nuts on a cookie sheet (stainless Steel is preferred). Dry almonds out at 150 degrees in your oven for about 24 hours (I did leave my oven on overnight). And my oven only goes down to 170 degrees and it worked like a charm! Mine were so crunchy and delicious!

You gotta try it!

No comments: