Sunday, November 30, 2008

Question about ministering to the broken and hurting...



Option one...
It is harder to minister to a hurting person if they tell you their life, the good, bad and ugly. If they unload onto your relationship. If they are transparent, real and honest about the issues of their life. What they are struggling with and how much they need Jesus-is that person hardest to minster to...

Or

Option two....
It is harder to minister to a hurting person if they don't share their struggles, and they don't seem to be struggling with sin, but you know they are hurting. They are a "good" person on the outside, but it seems in their heart they are confused, frustrated, and depressed-is this person the hardest to minster to...

I think option two is the hardest. It is so hard to watch someone struggle and never be allowed into their life. To see their hurt, but not allowed to struggle with them in their issues, to not be praying with them and seeing restoration come from sweet fellowship. We each have "issues", we each are hurting in someways. But Praise be to God that I have friends that I can be, "good, bad and ugly" with in response to my sins. You ladies and couples know who you are. Thank you for getting into my life and walking with me (us). And above all...thanks to Justin, my love, for seeing all the struggles and still marring and loving me!

No comments: