Thursday, April 23, 2009

Food Poisoning

So yesterday I had the awful privilege of having food poisoning. It was truly a "do not want to experience again" experience.
I am about 15 weeks along and aggggg, yuck-it wasn't fun! I think I have narrowed it down to taking a bit of yogurt that I was about to feed Katie around lunch time as being the culprit. I remembered that I had taken the yogurt with us on a picnic and then it wasn't eaten. I had taken a small frozen icy to keep it cold, but it didn't work. I tasted it to be sure it was still okay, and after one bit, I thought, "I am not sure, I should throw this out." That was all I thought about it.

Then around 4 pm I started feeling bloated and a bit queasy. Things just got way worse from there. After doing some reading online, which one site called food poisoning, "becoming violently ill in 6-8 hours after eating something sour" I deduced (with Robin's help-thank you!) that that is what I had. It was a miserable night of throwing up, being in the bathroom and not sleeping, but like the site said, in about 18-24 hours you should feel better...and I do. I am still tired and my back/tummy hurts from throwing up, but I have made it!~
And the Lord was incredibly gracious to me today and Katie took a great nap. 2 hours and 15 minutes-I took one too :)
But note to self, food poisoning is horrible-especially while pregnant, but it would have been even more awful if I had given that yogurt to Katie. So Praise the Lord for his care and protection even in this!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

yuk! I'm so sorry you were sick!! Glad you're feeling better now!

Krista said...

You too?! I got that last week - first time and hopefully the last - and it was AWFUL! For awhile we thought I was going to have to go to the hosptal for an IV since I was still trying to nurse the boys. PTL it goes away fast too. SOO glad you are better. . . I can't imagine having it pregnant!!