Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Nutritional Moment about water


WATER
#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population)
#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is mistaken for hunger.
#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism to 3%.
#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
Washington study.
#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.
#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
the computer screen or on a printed page.
#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
bladder cancer.

Are you drinking water every day?

Then there are those drinks that compete with water--Soda pop, juice, tea, coffee. A lot of what I have read says that drinking only these things actually depletes the existing water in our bodies. And if our bodies don't get enough water, they steal from organs in our bodies causing those organs to function weakly or eventually shut down! Nothing can take the place of water

So, drink water and be happier and healthier. We all know we need H2O!

*Update... I am convicted today...I haven't as of 5:30pm had a single glass of water. Instead I have had coffee, a smoothie and some kombucha! AHHHH....I have to drink more water-I KNOW I need it.

1 comment:

the carlson's said...

Ha...as I am sitting here reading your blog, I am drinking Diet Coke...ohh...shame on me! Where did you get all those facts? Very interesting! Thanks!