Sunday, November 7, 2010

Owen NEEDS outside time.

It is AMAZING how much this little one loves the outdoors. There isn't a day that goes by that he does not beg to be outside. Yesterday, by the end of the cloudy, rainy, chilly day he was beside himself because we hadn't played outside. He was trying to get his shoes, trying to open doors and pointing desperately towards the outside. (Owen, you are a very determined little boy) So when I said, "It is ONLY 5:00???" I knew I had to take him outside. I didn't know how we were going to make it until 7! We had already bathed and he had on his pjs, so this is what he wore. Socks with his plaid pants tucked in...work shoes...his gray and red stripped jacked, a red nose and cold fingers after 22 minutes of hard playing-with a north windy breeze making us both wanting the warmth of inside. But it was worth it. :) It completely changed his dispostion and allowed the night to go much more smoothly. For some reason being outside is a breath of fresh air! hehe
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Metlife said...

I can completely relate. I got the "who is that crazy mother outside when it is this cold with her baby boy?" look ALL the time! Isaac was happy though and in return so was I :).

Allison said...

Been there, done that. And still doing it!