Friday, August 3, 2012

Journaling-It's just the way things are right now...

It seems right now I can't get things together.  Everything is falling apart every time I turn around.  A few instances...

1. Owen, who is potty trained for the past 3 months pees on the plane back from KS.  I didn't have any clean clothes so his wet little bottom sat on my lap the last 20 minutes after I cleaned up the chair he was sitting/sleeping in. Lovely.

2. I cleaned the house yesterday and today it is a mess. The kids have trailed crumbs around the house even though they normally stay in the kitchen/dining room. They are wanting to do gymnastics on the couch cushions, and why not the Olympics seem to use pillows.  Plus I can remember doing this.  :)

3. Our refrigerator stopped cooling.  And if you know anything about my frustrations with this appliance I was over frustrated this morning at 6 am.  It will be fixed on Monday, but in the mean time I have had to defrost the entire thing, unplugging it and moving food.  Thankful for our friends the Beavers as our friger stuff that didn't go bad overnight is over at their house.  And thankful for some space in our deep freeze.  Oh and a thanks to Robin for coming up here just to keep me sane.

4. Owen drank some of a kids liquid suppository.  Hummmm.....at least it just past through him like it was supposed to and there wasn't a bunch of throwing up.  Poison Control was called and assured me he probably drank only enough to make things pretty loose.  Okay.

5. Over the weekend while we were gone a few large branches broke off in a wind storm.  Still trying to get up with the tree service to have them trim them out.  Dead Branches in the front yard-a beautiful site.

6. I think after traveling the kids have been in play mode.  Let me rephrase that...they have been in super creative mode and have pulled EVERYTHING out of it's place.  It took Katie 2 hours to clean her room.

7. I have a few phone calls that need to be made and my phone keeps dropping things or I forget to call during business hours.

8. I just feel behind with life right now.  I am not content with things because they seem out of control.  But it is never in my control anyway right?  The Lord has me where he wants me-solely to depend upon Him!  When is the last time I have sat down to study the scriptures?  Why am I living on crumbs when there is a feast to gleam from? He is faithful, I am not and the more I depend upon His hand to guide my life the better it is...

9. things I am grateful for...a pool, kids that are creative, money to get our refrigerator fixed, sunshine, cold water, a house I love...and many many more...

But with all that, I can say that I am choosing to be thankful for two healthy kids.  A husband that works to provide for us with the strength Jesus provides and a God that can calm my heart even though it is racing and wants to hide in a corner, read a good book and sip a yummy coffee.  He alone can handle my life and I rest in His care and refinement of me in this season.  Wouldn't trade it, but praying for peace in it!

No comments: