Friday, August 31, 2012

When Tickling is Your Point of Reference

Katie looked at me as only she can do this morning and renewed her cuteness status for yet another day. With a sheepish grin and slight shrug of her torso she gathered her thoughts and admitted, "Daddy, Owen is just like you...he's so silly!" And with nary a pause she completed her thought by adding, "And I'm so like my mommy!" I was compelled, I had to inquire, "In what way are you like your mommy?" (to be sure, I see a thousand ways she's just like her mommy, and I could count them...) Her face grew more serious as she responded almost indignantly and with a look that I'm sure I'll see many times more on her face, isn't it obvious, "because you tickle both of us girls." Amazing that identity can be found is such simple things. Amazing that she can feel/be "so"like her mommy and treasured by her daddy by just a few silly moments playing on the living room rug.

Father, help me to see simply where I need to see simply and dive deeper where they need me to for their sake! And if tickling can infer so much, teach me how to use it for your glory!

No comments: