Sunday, October 21, 2007

Put it on the top like this...

Justin and I have been going through our things, seeing what we could sell in order to clean out our house. We have things that we have had since college and just need to get them out of storage!! Like this futon that I bought in 01' recovered it, used it at our house and then used it for 4 years for my "reading pad" in my 5th grade classroom. And Justin talked me out of keeping it until Katie might need it for her college dorm room!

Here is the story...
So I listed this full size futon on craigslist (which I love!). Within 30 minutes I had a few phone calls to buy it. (All in all we had 6 calls/emails to buy it...amazing!) And 1 hour later these two computer tech guys show up in a honda civic. We chatted for a minute and I found out they worked on computers and they said their jobs were, "be problem solvers of computers".

Do you see the potential problem they might have? Trying to get a full size bed in a honda civic? :) They tried and tried to get into the car, even tried to take it apart. But as you can see from the pictures they finally settled on taking it home by bungy strapping it to the top of their car! It was SO funny! I hope it didn't slid down the back and onto the back windshield. :) They did have to go on hwy 401, they couldn't just take the back roads they said...It was so comical. I guess they solved the problem of needing a bed to sleep on and also of getting it back to their house. And yes, I snapped these photos from the upstairs guest room inbetween the blinds and over Justin's shoulder through the garage. I was being a secret comedy photography...just like my friend Robin who is a P.I. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh! I remember the futon! It seems like yesterday!!!

~Michelle