Monday, May 23, 2011

Thought by Elyse Fitzpatrick on Gospel-Centered Parenting...

Thoughts for me to remember...

*Rules are a way to ignore doing business with God.

*When I am depending upon the holy spirit to change a child's heart...we pray more...we depend more...we live out grace and gospel, not by rules.

*not kids that are outwardly compliant when their hearts are hard as nails.

*I don't want to teach our kids that God is impressed by outward conformity that has nothing to do with their heart...that's scary...

*Parents are made desperate to pray...for the intervention of the Holy Spirit.

*Religious obedience is not necessarily the fruit of saving grace.

*If my children were put in a Mormon family would they experience any different in teaching? is there gospel in my house...TRUE gospel...


Here's an interview with Elyse...great thoughts to ponder

1 comment:

Joy said...

I will have to get this book- what wisdom! We are working through Shepherding a Child's heart in our church's mum's bible study each week, it is good to see other parents like yourself thinking hard about how to train up our kids towards godliness. Thanks for the helpful book Gi!