Friday, August 10, 2007

A book blog

To all the wonderful women out there that want to be encouraged. :)

I have been reading this book and it is wonderful! It is a quick read, but one that has me thinking about the attitude I have of our home and the atmosphere that is exhibited. I really enjoy Ginger Plowman as an author (also authored Don't Make Me Count to Three and Wise Words for Moms). A few topics that she visits in this book are, 'Home is Heavenly When the Women is Happy, When Unity Prevails, When Relationships are Right, When Children Obey, and When it Serves as a Haven'.

And after praying about this I wanted to see if anyone was interested in starting "book blogs". Here is what I will do to get it started. If you would like to read this book, leave a comment or email me and I will send you a copy for free. I will send/give you a copy as long as you, after you finish it, either blog about it or at least email me your thoughts. I am completely serious about this. Please, if you want to read it let me know!!

I would love this to take off and lots of people read her book and even offer a book on their blog someday if they find one that has encouraged you like this one has encouraged me. But if in the end nothing happens from this post, oh well. I just wanted to give "book blogs" a try!

Have a blessed day! Gi
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Allison said...

I loved this book! I've already read it or I'd be the first to join your "book blog!" I should re-read it; there were so many things that Plowman said that I need to hear again! Thanks for the reminder!

It was fun seeing you today for a little while! :)

Kristin said...

Gi! I would LOVE to read this book. Having our home be a peaceful haven is something that is very, very important to me, so I'd love to read some good wisdom about how to better do that! Let me know if you want me to just pick up the book at a store here - I certainly can do that! Then, we can discuss it :). Kind of like our many times in ADPi...
Kelsey (my sister) is a sophomore in ADPi this year and I told her she needed to find a good sleeping dorm bunk buddy who would let her share her alarm clock and always set it to end on a "7" :). Talk to you soon!

-- Bo (Kristin)

Krista said...

Hey Gi! I would love to read this book and start a book blog. Sounds like so much fun, and this sounds like the perfect book to start it off. (I mean, I LOVED your other book recommendation - Redeeming Love.) However, I'm not sure how to get the book - I may have to take you up on your offer to send it to me, but I'm afraid it will cost a lot for you to send it to Egypt!!!

Jae Davis said...

Gi,

I, too, would love to read this book and discuss. We have a Christian bookstore nearby that will surely have it. I can just buy my own copy, because it sounds like Krista needs one sent to Egypt! :)

By the way, Kristen Littrel (sp?), is that you who is e-mailing Gi? If so, hi from the family! We often wonder where you and Jacob are. We'd love to know what you're doing, where you're living, etc.

Jae

Unknown said...

Gi, I would love to read the book. I also have a Christian Bookstore right around the corner that I am sure would have it in stock. I would love to discuss afterwards as well. Gi, if Justin hasn't read the book "Jesus Centered Youth Ministry" it is an awesome book as well to use for resources for leading youth ministry.

Sarah

Derek said...

Hi Gi-
I am logged on under Derek right now, so sorry for that confusion. I also think it would be great to read this book. I can just hop on over to Mardel, no worries about sending one.

Thanks!

Katie