Monday, August 27, 2007

My bimbo....I mean bumbo seat...

Funny story...We just tried Katie out in our Bumbo seat for our friends Robin and Hunter to see when Robin began to tell a story. She said that she was at a baby shower and was telling this women what a neat thing "bimbo" seats were. She went on and on about their creative design...As she finished her story, Justin proceeded to look at Robin and say it is called a bumbo seat...not a bimbo seat! Robin the entire time had been calling it a bimbo! So needless to say here is Katie with her bimbo! :) Hope it made you chuckle like it did us...........................
And for those of you that don't know what a bumbo seat is, it is a thick foam seat that is designed for kids about Katie's age to sit in. It supports their backs and they can look around at everything in this position. The only thing I am learning that I don't like, is that there really isn't anything for her to do while she sits in this. Her arms can't grasp many toys and she can't lean over to pick anything up. I think I might instead look into an exersaucer. I think that with Katie and all the moving she does she might enjoy that more! But it sure is a cute seat!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

the carlson's said...

Gi and Justin,

Katie is so cute! You must be SO proud!! Thanks for letting me read your blog posts!

Sarah

Allison said...

Haha, Robin! I think I'll start calling it a Bimbo too. That's great!

Gi, there's a $10 tray that you can buy to put on a Bumbo that will hold their toys/food/etc. so maybe that will help? I haven't tried it out, as it is a new product, but I've heard it solves that problem of being unable to reach the toys around them.

You are welcome to our exersaucer whenever I get it back from Danielle, if you're interested. Bennett isn't interested in it anymore, so I'll holler when I get it back. Our little one won't be needing it for a while...so let me know if you'd like to try it out.

Jae Davis said...

Gi,

Try the tray Allison mentioned above. I don't have a Bimbo seat, ;) , but I, too saw the trays for them when I was shopping online at Target. I'm not sure if it was the Bumbo brand, but one of the trays looked like a watermelon slice and it was SOOOOO cute!

Jae