Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Simple Easy Cheap Chocolate Cake...

To all my peeps that like to cook...
I have been on the search for recipes that are easy to cook and don't have dairy in them as Katie is still off them and therefore I am as well. After chatting with my friend Robin I investigated www. allrecipes.com which I highly endorse. During my search for dairy free desserts this chocolate cake recipes popped up. Yum, I thought, I'm going to try it.....and it was definitely delicious! It turned out to be very cake like, not brownie like and it tasted even better the second day...though there wasn't much left to eat on the second day. :)

Here is the recipe-

simple, easy, cheap CHOCOLATE CAKE
.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar (though with 3/4 cup it still is plenty sweet)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tea. baking soda
1/2 tea. salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tea. vanilla
1 tea. distilled white vinegar
(*this leavens the baking soda)
1 cup water (one variation is to add 1 cup of coffee instead of water, sounds yummy though I haven't tried this version yet)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix everything together until smooth and put into greased 8 in. round pan or greased 9x5 inch loaf pan
3. Bake for 35 minutes in round pan or 45 minutes in loaf pan *check with toothpick to make sure done*
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating (if eating before cool it falls apart!)

Enjoy this chocolate cake!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: