Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blueberry Muffins, worth making right now!

So I have been pondering what I can make to eat and freeze to have around for Katie to munch on. I went through my cookbooks from when I taught Home Ec. and came upon this delicious muffin recipe. It is from the Disney Cookbook. I changed a few things to make it healthier and they are truely worth making. YUMmmmmm I have some baking right now!

Wholesome Blueberry Muffins

6 T. Butter, softened
1/3 c. Maple Syrup (the real kind! 100% maple syrup-expensive, but worth it!)
*can add an extra 1/4 c. if you would like the sweeter
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 t. Vanilla
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. baking powder
1/4 t. salk
2 1/2 c. blueberries frozen or fresh with their stems removed and washed.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl cream syrup and butter.
Add eggs, milk and vanilla-mix
Add dry ingredients-mix agin
Fold in the blueberries so they are not crushed
Fill the muffin cups almost to the top and bake for 25 minutes or until light brown.

These are even better the next day!

No comments: