Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fresh Veggies!

I decided to plant a small garden to see how it would go out here. If you remember we have at least 14 deer and have seen them eat EVERYTHING, so I didn't want my time to go to waste. But so far it has been a success! Yesterday Katie helped me pick our first cucumbers and banana peppers. In a few more days/weeks, we will have tomatoes, eggplant and watermelon! I have already harvested cilantro and basil from which I made salsa and pesto. I LOVE FRESH VEGGIES! It is also amazing that if I take the time to plant and be patient, water and tend my garden, it produces so much and the cost is so little! I know there is a spiritual thought in there too...

I think that I am going to try to make some delicious dilly pickles with my three cucumbers! Oh and if you haven't tried one, a melt in your mouth summer taste, is a tomato, basil and mayo sandwich...oh my mouth is watering!

Smiles on your summers!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: