Thursday, March 17, 2011

House: ways we do our small space


Our laundry closet is small. I love that it is next to the bedrooms so it is easy to get and put clothes away...but all to often I have found folded clothes sitting on top of the dryer, not in drawers like they should be. So I invested in a small laundry basket. This way it doesn't take up a lot of room, but I can leave a few things folded in there until I get a free moment. If you have a small space try something small and cute and multipurpose!
In order to save on closet space we have a lot of these around our house. They have been great! They hold aprons, lunch bags, coats, extra bags etc. If you have a tight space, give them a try! But one word of caution...not every over the door hook hanger is equal. Shop around until you find one that fits tightly over the door frame. I have taken a few back because they are to big and they scrape the paint.
Since our house is small, which I am loving right now, and we have to be creative with how noisy it is during sleeping. Justin and I drink coffee in the morning-I bet those that read the blog didn't know that-hehe and the Cuisant is much to loud to run before the kids get up. The kitchen is right next to their bedrooms=loud and would wake them up EARLY which we don't want. Our solution??? Have it in our bathroom! The smell of fresh coffee is a plus and it is nice to have before the kiddos get up. Thank you bathroom counter!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joy said...

note, be aware, sarcaism is to follow:
I love that you think your house is small.