Friday, March 11, 2011

Surprised by Hope-a book blog


A few girls and I are reading N T Wright's book, Surprised by Hope.

Two quotes:

"what you think about death, and life beyond it, is the key to thinking seriously about everything else-and, indeed that it provides one of the main reasons for thinking seriously about anything at all." pg 6

and

"just how empty was the tomb on Easter morning?" pg 33

It has encouraged my soul to think. To think well. To think rightly. To seek Hope. To know power of the resurrection.

It's causing my head to spin, but my hearts been good-very good.

Recommended read?....Yes!



1 comment:

the carlson's said...

I need to find a good book to read...what do you think about this book? Is it inspiring? I just finished out live your life by Max Lucado and are doing a short study on it with our small group, but now I need another good read. Any recommendations?