Monday, July 18, 2011

flowers, hike and dinner

I received the most beautiful sunflowers ever for our anniversary...9 sunny, bright reminders of our married life. Thanks love!

And since my birthday is 4 days later we wrapped all the celebrating into a weekend of family adventure. One thing we did was to hike at Durant Nature park-down to the stream.



WOW, I am learning all about native trees!

Being contemplative (aka deciding if she should wait for us or step in the water by herself!) :)



We are super into silly faces right now!

There is something so refreshing and quiet about being near water. awwwww-so nice!

Finding fun sticks, bugs and rocks with Daddy.



Then we came back and while I played with the kiddos Justin made the MOST DELICIOUS dinner for my birthday. Seriously, it was good-MELT IN YOUR MOUTH GOOD!
Smashed Potatoes, steak, maple caramelized green beans and grilled shrimp with a mango cherry chutney.

At one point I said, "Holy cow!" And Owen being a parrot right now said, "Holee Cww!" :)

I love when you cook-thanks my love for treating me with your culinary talent!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: