Friday, July 8, 2011

journaling-me, right now


I really want to journal more. I want to journal today. But what to say. Sometimes I sit down to write and I can't think beyond the moment. But there is so much of life right now that I haven't processed. Like making a menu for dinners, consistently or writing out my prayer life or reading an encouraging book or being creative on summer days. I desire to carve out the time to think...to be more intentional...so I don't live on the fly. I've heard of other mommas needing a quite space to rejuvenate-I think that is where I am. But soon I am sure I will get a few hours of quiet time at a coffee shop or by a stream. And until then, a few fleeting thoughts as I think during rest time at our home (which ends in 23 minutes :)

Currently I find the need to think and pray more, not just respond.

I desire to be more patient-Love is patient.

I want to hold on to the moments when our kids are little, so that I don't just try to get through the day. I have danced a lot and that has been wonderful.

Its nice to say, yes, more then, no, to my kids. I like it a lot! Why not, say yes to most of my kids creativity...even it is means eating a Popsicle with their fingers, lying down and getting it all over their clothes-clothes wash! Or why not make mud pies with the hose?!

Remember my heart that in every season of life the Lord gives provision, grace and mercy to run with hope. I constantly feel like I am running these days.

Why is it difficult to get enough sleep?

I need to find a new babysitter as ours is going to college...print off our blog from the past 4 years...make Owen's baby book...order new glasses...whew-the list never ends. Its just good to remember that the list will never end. One thing at a time is okay.

A thought from January-I have tried to have fresh flowers in the house regularly and I love it. Right now I have sunflowers from Justin for our anniversary-lovely!

I truly want to train our kids well and with the end goal that they will pursue Jesus with a heart solely for Him-though thoroughly dependent upon His action to soften hard hearts.

It's been way to long since Justin and I have had some good time. Thankful for our upcoming night in the Mountains.

Keep in mind, I will have time for those things I enjoy...when the kids are bigger.

It takes so much to be a creative parent.

Fall on my knees oh my soul and find rest and strength in God alone.

A joyful heart is good medicine.

A praying life reflects humility and therefore a posture to cast my cares upon the Lord.

May I seek to love this season of little kids.

No comments: