Saturday, July 3, 2010

Heaven At Home

I have been rereading this wonderful book. I have to say that only a few books can spur me on to be a woman better then this one. I gave it away on the blog a few years ago and if you haven't read it, consider it one worth the time! I have needed some encouragement lately at getting back into the swing of things around our home. Chores needed to be done, closets needed to be cleaned, clothes sorted and on and on. So thanks Ginger Plowman for giving me a push in the right direction!
A quote that has inspired me to work hard at being a woman/wife/mom.
"God created you, the woman, with a wonderful uniqueness that enables you to build your home and family in accordance with his perfect plan. To follow his calling and accept your uniqueness is to fulfill your purpose. The purpose I write of is not being a wife, mom and keeper of the home. It's glorifying Christ as a wife, mom and keeper of the home. The woman talked about in Proverbs 31 was not godly simply because she got up while it was still dark, honored her husband, demonstrated good stewardship and spoke with wisdom and faithful instruction. As productive and respected as she was, she was NOTHING WITHOUT THE ATONING GRACE OF GOD. She delighted in serving and worshiping her Creator in all the mundane duties of life. She knew that God created her as a woman, to be a wife of noble character, a nurturing mom and a homemaker. She glorified God in her Femininity." pg 23 (boldness mine)

No comments: