Friday, September 10, 2010

Journaling-a skin recommendation!

Photo credit to google-I just liked the graphics :)


I think all of us at one time or another have tried just about every moisturizer, expensive trick or multi-step process on the planet to smooth out our skin...to get rid of our blemishes and to have beautiful skin. After all this is the largest organ we have! Hum...what have I found that has worked the best?

My friend Robin, sent me a link to a yonderwayfarm out in TX. I was pursuing through it and came across an article about The Oil Cleansing Method for glowing skin. I have been doing something of the sort for some time now (using coconut oil etc), but wanted to get it into a recipe as well as research some more good things about it! So low and behold, Robin (thank you friend), unintentionally brought it into my path tonight.

Basically I need two ingredients in my recipe, maybe three if I want one essential oil like orange or lavender-it's that simple! So I believe I am going to make up this small bottle and keep it on hand for my skin. I am in complete agreement with why this works. I think that along with my Tree Tea Oil bar which I use in the shower, I will implement this into my nighttime routine.

Read about it and let me know if you want to do it with me! Wouldn't it be great to have soft, glowing, skin most of the time??!! Join me in an experiment!

Just to get you thinking, one quote from The Oil Cleansing Method article...
The reasons we have so much trouble with mainstream skin care products are numerous, but two reasons, in particular, lead the pack. These products strip the oil out of our skin, leaving our largest organ trying to repair itself by replacing the oil stripped away. This leaves us in a cycle of being tight and dry followed by the inevitable oil slick. Each time we strip the oil away, our skin over-compensates for the lack of moisture by creating more oil. On top of the drying effects, these products are highly-scented. Fragrance is one of the top skin irritants and strangely enough, even the so-called "unscented" products usually contain fragrance. See for yourself and check the labels. Dry, irritated skin replaced by oily skin, inflamed and trapping debris?

2 comments:

Robin Muse said...

I am a believer! I have been doing it since Saturday night - what a Sat. night treat! It feels refreshing and renewing!

brandy said...

Hey Gi! So I'm a little slow about staying up to date on your blog...but I saw this post on the Oil Cleansing Method and I have my supplies and am excited to try! How's it going for you? Do you feel like it makes a difference? I'm all about natural products and this looks great!