Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Journaling-We're back....

and I have thought of thousands of posts between the time we moved and now (the internet came back into our lives yesterday at 5pm). Whew....I'll be posting more soon, but until then here are some random thoughts that I have had over these past three/four weeks.

1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our house.
2. I LOVE that we can walk just about everywhere we need-grocery store, restaurants, cutie pie shops, coffee shop...
3. I desire my prayer life to be rich and deep and it unfortunately comes and goes like the tide-I'm reminded to pray without ceasing, labor in prayer, they are continually devoting themselves to prayer, rejoice in hope, pray at all times in the spirit with all perseverance with all devotion, the prayer of the upright is HIS delight...
4. I am selfish and yes, it effects my husband and kids-poorly of course. I want this weed to be taken out.
5. I need consistency in my training and teaching of my kids.
6. Owen is almost one!
7. Katie is absorbing EVERYTHING that she sees-she's growing up so quickly~!
8. I have enjoyed the break from technology ie the internet. Though I am very glad to have it back.
9. Even though it is hard, I need to get down on the floor and just play with my kids. Being on their level does wonders for their heart and relaxes my expectation in play.
10.Kids after naps can be bears! Why does it take so long for them to have happy hearts after they have slept some? I think I will try having a snack ready and reading a few books to help them be quiet and wake up.-thanks Beth!
11. Owen still hasn't slept more then a handful of times through the night. Almost done nursing...wahoo I can't wait (not sure that Owen feels the same....:)
12. Katie's sayings and stories lately have been adorable, just precious.
13. We are joining TCC and just started to go to home group...LOVE IT! And I have to thank Laney for her love of her small group when they lived here because Katie is LIVING each week for her time at home group! Her heart is FULL over her joy in joining one.
14. I LOVE the size of our home. It definitely fits a few of the traits that Justin and I want to impress upon our kids. One-that I can manage it! Plus I love the challenge of storing things in cute ways or better yet I love being able to get rid of it if it doesn't fit! YES!
15. Sometimes sanctification comes within simplicity, poverty and suffering. At other times the Lord uses, complexity, generosity and health. hum....(Driscoll, Chan, Harris)
16. My husband rates super high in conscientiousness and I desire to help love him well in this trait. I probably would fall in the middle. So I am off to reread Created to be His Helpmeet. I think this might help me think some thoughts anew. Anyone else want to join in reading it?

3 comments:

Metlife said...

Love to read it!! That means I will have to put the other one aside though...thoughts?

Jackie said...

Your post hit on so much of what is going on in our lives or my mind right now. We really need to catch up sometime soon! I'd love to read the book as well.

Kristin said...

Glad you're back! And so glad you're loving the new house!! Can't wait to hear more. Missed you.