Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brownies


I do not make brownies very often. I made them a lot when I taught Home Ec, but since then (8 years ago) I just haven't been interested. Then a few days ago I made some, crashed and burned...wasted a lot of butter and other ingredients. This past Sunday rolled around and Justin asked for some brownies-which he rarely does. So I tried again! Wahooooo! I found a recipe we all liked. From passionatehomemaking.com
The only thing I didn't do was the coconut flakes. Very yummy!

Coconut Brownies

½ cup butter
1 cup rapadura (I used honey granulars, but you can substitute sugar)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Combine all ingredients, including melted butter, with a mixer and spread into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Do not overcook.

No comments: