Monday, January 24, 2011

Natural Science Museum

The kids were SUPER DUPER excited to go on a 'field trip'. We couldn't get out of the house and on our way fastest enough! :)
The great thing about this museum is that there are a million things to do, touch, listen to, it's free and there are wide rows to run down-a super plus. Owen loved looking at the fish and trying to touch them.
I had another mom take a photo of us. I look the most excited, but I think it was because the kids had no idea who was behind the camera and I didn't either. I just wanted a photo of me and the kids! :)
We again went into the butterfly conservatory. It really is amazing how many combination of bright colors adorn such small frail creatures. Our God is creative!
Owen is trying to be a rhino, hence the scrunched nose. It is adorable!
And finally, we are ready to go home. Thanks Raleigh for this great museum. We hope to come back soon.
Oh and we did do story time this time and it was neat! We got to pet some small creatures and hear a cute book about a mouse. Guinea pig, baby rats, chinchilla, beavers-these creatures are rodents! These are defined by their ever-growing two front teeth. I didn't know that!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: