Monday, January 24, 2011

A weekend project-the pantry

I love the pantry. Don't get me wrong. I love my Jesus, my family and my friends more. But what space or closet gets opened zillions of times a day. It is a closet in demand by everybody in the house. Hear me out, I am so thankful to have a large closet for food stuff. It is really large, for our size of house and I am glad. But I have been reorganizing it every few days because it is hard to use well. The shelves though they are deep and hold plenty of things, are hard to use quickly and without making it messy by constant rearranging.
So Justin kindly took on my project for the weekend. I wanted a few shelves moved, it painted and to buy a basket or two. It took about 6 hours with two kids 'helping'. But I LOVE my pantry even more! It is great that by spending about $20 and a simple changing of the shelves can make something SO much more usable.
Katie helped paint, Owen cried because he couldn't help paint (we did try to let him help, but he immediately put his hands in the paint!) and I tried to keep both kids OUT of the paint and OUT of the food on the counter while Justin did the work. Thank you LOVE for doing this project for me! I know you liked the outcome too. Oh, and Katie opened the pantry door and said, "it looks amazing!" Yep, it does! :) Small things make this mom joyful.
Before


Rearranged shelves-only one set is wide now which is at waist level.
Final product!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ohhhh, you make me want to re-do mine! Looks awesome, and I hear ya on the way it makes you feel as a homemaker!