Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Finally Alive-The Joy Eternal album

Check this out...it is a great new song from Kenneth Padgett! (click on the second play button, the first one is Kenneth explaining. The second one is the song)

Kenneth and his wife Rebecca, are in our small group through Church. Kenneth and Justin have lots in common with their talk of theology. And Rebecca, Katie M and I are reading Surprised by Hope by NT Wright together.

We are excited to get to know them better. Plus they are expecting their first little girl in a 8 weeks-yay!

I think that if you listen to the song you will be overwhelmed with Truth and Joy. Plus it doesn't hurt that the kids LOVE to dance to it!

Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Words of the Song:

Finally Alive

I was dead and depraved and I loved my sin
I was lifeless in the grave of hopelessness

But I'm Finally Alive
I've been made new
I'm satisfied in You
And these dead bones live
And this new heart beats
For You

You, in Your loving kindness healed my blindness and let me see.
Now I can see and savor, enjoy forever Your majesty!

I'm Finally Alive
I've been made new
I'm satisfied in You
And these dead bones live
And this new heart beats
For You

Kenneth is presently working on several more songs that will be releasing sometime soon as an EP.

(The song is posted on DesiringGod.org. ...under "Introducing The Joy Eternal", if for some reason the link doesn't work!)

No comments: