Thursday, February 17, 2011

journaling-Mission Fashion: Why this works

Over the past few months, most of you know that I have been on a mission to update my wardrobe. And I have been lucky to have some professional insights on how to wear clothes right...I have received a few thoughts. Most of you reading this already know this fact, but since I am lacking this department I, and someone else might be too, I thought I would share this one.

When wearing clothes, in order for them to look right, make sure they balance either other out. For example take Katie's outfit above.

First, take into consideration how cute she is-even looking like a monkey. :)

Second, her pants are not super fitted, but her shirt balances the bagginess of the pants with a tailored shirt. Or the opposite could be true of you. Your pants are tailored and fitted, but your shirt is more relaxed. But both should not be fitted or baggy. Does that make sense?

I have come to realize some of my outfits are not right because of this fact. So I have tried to have outfits (at least when I leave the house :) that are proportionate. And by golly, it has felt more right and I feel more put together. Whew...

My favorite mom outfit right now is a pair of dark jeans from Gap that are fitted boot cut, but not skin tight and a slightly tailored brown sweater from Old Navy-a more relaxed style, with a tank top under for some layering.

And I am on the verge of getting rid of my pants that are like balloon...but I don't know if I can, since I consider those my go to 'fat' pants. They are ultra comfortable, but not fashionable. :) Oh well! Maybe I can wear them with a tailored shirt??? :)

Any more fashion advice for me out there?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: