Friday, February 4, 2011

To sleep or not to sleep

Owen, you are winning, but you won't win for ever. -Then the ironic thing is that someday I am sure I will desire you awake and not sleeping-oh the teenage/college years!

But your momma and daddy are desperately praying you learn how to sleep. And so are others!
(and until then, God is using this to show me my selfishness-and that's no fun. But I am learning how to have a happier heart on less sleep too-thank you Jesus :)

But what is it? Why wake up numerous times at night?
What's it going to take big guy to get you sleeping without waking up during the nighttime?

Momma, is NOT coming in anymore. We are trying this... Daddy will be hugging you and putting your back down, making sure you don't have scary dreams or need to chug a gallon of water. (I don't think that is it, we will try anything right now.)
And I repeat, I will not be coming in, Daddy will. And Daddy is the boss. Whatever he says, do it! If he offers you a car when you are 16 if you sleep through the night-do it. If he offers you dessert in the morning-do it! Those might be once in a lifetime offers-ya never know.

Eventually, Daddy (and I) will win. :)

Well, anyway, we love you needless of your fight of sleeping.
We are praying that you learn how to establish good sleeping habits. We want you to grow strong and healthy and wise.
We will keep letting you work it out.
You need sleep! Get to it little man!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: