Monday, February 21, 2011

journaling- favorites-letter "F"

Here are some of our favorite foods right now. All of them have a very short ingredient list, which I love. Short ingredient lists mean they are close to 'natural'...and that's what I am going for!

Sweeeeeet-Kombucha!
These are back on the shelf. (I think they had an issue with the label) What a wonderful treat. I've blogged about these before, but they are terrific to drink. They are filled with millions of probiotics-strengthening your body! Again they are pricy-about the same as a Starbucks fuf fuf drink, but worth it. I do make this homemade, which is WAY cheaper and love it. The best way to try these is at Whole Foods/EarthFare. They do go on sale a few times a year. Our favorite right now is Trilogy and Ginger-berry...though grape comes in a close second.
*Even though Katie and Owen LOVE this, we try to save them for Justin and I to split as they are super special. A lot of times we drink them in place of soda when eating pizza...ahhhh....love the fizzles too :)


Oh wow, we eat a lot of bananas! Justin and I learned recently that bananas are good for calming anxiety and giving extra energy before a performance. We've always eaten them after road races for the potassium...but they are great before hand too! Not to mention they are yummy, peanut butter goes great on them and their cheap!


Lara Bars are our "go to" granola bar. They are a bit expensive at about $1.30 per bar, but with only dates, nuts and salt, they are a nutritious and fast to have around. (I also have a recipe for granola bars that is good!) I normally split one between the kids so as to use them well...But they are worth buying! And they taste yummy. You can buy these anywhere. I recently saw them at Target on sale, but they were sold out! Our favorites are the cashew cookie, peanut butter, and pb with chocolate. But they have a huge variety of kinds! We eat about 3 per week.


We eat A LOT of hummus around here. I have tried to make it and though it is easy, I can't find something as good as the ones at TJ's. We love just about any kind. I am glad that the kids like it as much as Justin and I. We like the original, garlic and edamame kinds at TJ's. We dip veggies, crackers, pitas and pretzels into this delicious snack.



Gouda cheese. I love the creaminess of it! Not to mention that they make a goat gouda that is good and Katie can handle! The one at TJ's right now that I crave is the Double Cream Gouda.


And then there is the always foods...coffee, dark chocolate, homemade bread and water with a squeeze of lime...

No comments: